Thursday, May 19, 2005

A perfect summer drink



I have a huge cupboard filled with liquor bottles - sadly, I rarely drink. But, the other day, I was really in the mood for a pre-dinner coctail on the sunny balcony, so I improvised a bit and came up with this:

-Splash 2 cl Parfait Amour in a glass
-Add 4 cl Bombay Sapphire gin
-Top up the glass with at least 10 cl Schweppes Lemon (for you non-Swedes, this is a bitter lemon fizzy drink - substitute with what you've got)
-Add ice cubes

And isn't it pretty?

Stay tuned - I'll be posting my Sugar High Friday entry tonight. I know it'll be early, but I'm leaving for Paris - PARIS!! - in the morning tomorrow, and won't be able to post then.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Paris... :-)I hope that you'll get a great time! I can't believe that it's already been a year since we were there... May in Paris is really lovely! Don't forget to have a picknick in one of the parks!

Lillie said...

I don't know what Parfait Amour is, but I love the color!

Niki said...

Ahh - parfait d'amour. It's so divinely camp isn't it? Perfect for retro-style cocktail parties. Anything that shade of purple has to be full of wow-factor.
We have Schweppes bitter lemon here in Australia too. I really like it.

Anne said...

Niki - isn't it great? I bought a bottle on a whim, but it's really a fun thing to use. :)

Sue - it's sweet vanilla & citrus liqour, pretty much. Very sweet, actually :) Best in small doses!

Dagmar - thank you so much, we had a wonderful time!